Today’s Guest: Mark Schaefer
Mark Schaefer is the author of five books and counting, including the Tao of Twitter (2011), Born to Blog (2013), and The Content Code (2015). He is a globally recognized blogger, educator, speaker, business consultant, and author. His well-known blog, www.businessesGROW.com, is one of the most acclaimed marketing blogs of the world.
He can be found on Twitter at @markwschaefer. He can also be found on LinkedIn, as well as www.businessesGROW.com.
- The catastrophic life event that grounded Mark and keeps him centered.
- Why the state of marketing education is pathetic at many Colleges and Universities.
- Why European countries are holding Facebook accountable for hate speech on their platform.
- The importance of defining who is actually a thought leader and what that looks like.
3 Key Points:
- Becoming known is a continual process.
- Facebook is a publisher, and as a publisher they have a responsibility to moderate the content on their platform.
- There is in fact a process anyone can follow to become known.
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)