With more than 20 years of marketing and business leadership experience, Tim Hayden has been a founder of new ventures (NION Interactive, GamePlan, 44Doors) and a catalyst for innovative change within some of the world’s largest brands (Dell, Bacardi, AMD, ExxonMobil, Hilton Worldwide, Kraft Foods, Edelman, and others).
Part social anthropologist, part strategic marketing executive, Tim studies communications behavior and how new media and mobility are reshaping all of business. From operations to marketing and customer service, he assembles technology, adoption and communications initiatives that lead to efficiency and profitability.
Follow Tim on Twitter at @TheTimHayden. You can also follow his digital agency at @YouBrainTrust. He can also be found on LinkedIn, as well as Braintrust.partners.
- How Tim’s experience producing events led him to a career in mobile.
- Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water; new tech doesn’t automatically kill off anything old.
- It’s the human we’re trying to reach not the screen.
- Why Tim believes Twitter is still the best place to connect.
- If you only have 5 minutes in the say, go to Convince & Convert.
3 Key Points:
- Take more risks. You miss opportunity by being overly conservative.
- Digital marketing is not something that is strictly technologically driven.
- If Facebook is going to be a news source they are going to have to become responsible in a unbiased way with regard to the way people get their news.
Tim’s book: The Mobile Commerce Revolution
Tim’s agency: Brain Trust Partners
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)