Jill Schiefelbein is an award-winning entrepreneur, author, and recovering academic. She taught business communication at Arizona State University for 11 years before venturing into entrepreneurship. Jill’s business, The Dynamic Communicator®, helps organizations increase sales and create consumer advocates. Jill runs the Dynamic Accelerator program, helping solo- and micro-entrepreneurs accelerate business growth. Her next book, Dynamic Communication: 27 Strategies to Grow, Lead, and Manage Your Business is in stores TODAY so go grab it!
Follow Jill on Twitter at @dynamicjill. She can also be found on LinkedIn and at TheDynamicCommunicator.com.
- How Jill began public speaking before she graduated high school.
- The epiphany that made Jill switch from an educator to an entrepreneur.
- Why marketing is fundamentally based on human experience.
- The meaning of dynamic communication and why it’s important.
- Just because we can scale doesn’t mean we shouldn’t focus on the individual.
- How confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance fed into our new reality of #FakeNews and #AlternativeFacts.
3 Key Points:
- Do multiple internships and take full advantage of being a student.
- Marketing fundamentally is about human experience.
- In the majority of cases large corporations are still years behind in terms of what is actually influential.
Jill’s new book: Dynamic Communication
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)