Park Howell, founder of the Business of Story platform, is a trusted brand story strategist, sought-after speaker on story marketing, and is the professor of storytelling in the Executive Masters of Sustainability Leadership at Arizona State University. He has helped international brands, including Coca Cola, Beyer Pharmaceutical, Cummins Diesel, American Express, and United States Air Force craft and tell compelling stories that sell.
Follow Park on Twitter at @ParkHowell and The Business of Story at @businessofstory. He can also be found on LinkedIn and at BusinessOfStory.com.
See Park Speak at Social Media Marketing World 2017 in San Diego
Buy tickets at: bit.ly/md1_smmw17
Buy virtual tickets at: bit.ly/md2_smmw17
- Why Park pivoted from a 20+ year career in advertising to focus solely on his brand storytelling platform Business of Story.
- The epiphany Park had when he realized he had bought into the wrong story and what he did about it.
- Why Park believes storytelling is timeless, regardless of technology.
- The key ingredients that make up a compelling story.
3 Key Points:
- Don’t live into anybody else’s story but your own.
- Content marketing that doesn’t tell a story that truly connects with people misses the point.
- Share a human experience in the business point you are trying to make within your copy.
Park’s platform: http://businessofstory.com/
Book: The Master Switch by Tim Wu
Book: The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)