Jay Acunzo is an award-winning podcaster and dynamic keynote speaker. Before creating Unthinkable, Jay was a digital media strategist at Google and head of content at HubSpot. He’s built content marketing strategies from scratch for startups and produced attention-grabbing documentaries for brands. His work has been cited in places ranging from Harvard Business School to the Washington Post.
Today, Jay hosts shows and works with teams who aspire to be the exceptions to all the noise in their niche.
Follow Jay on Twitter at @JayAcunzo. He can also be found on LinkedIn and at unthinkable.fm.
See Jay Speak at Social Media Marketing World 2017 in San Diego
Buy tickets at: bit.ly/md1_smmw17
Buy virtual tickets at: bit.ly/md2_smmw17
- What made Jay do the unthinkable by leaving his cushy job at Google.
- The “ah-ha” moment Jay had while as the head of content at HubSpot.
- The way we think of creativity is wrong. It’s an iterative process, not the muse striking you.
- Content producers who stick to the facts are at a disadvantage to those who sensationalize. The media needs to change its revenue model so they’re no longer forced to play that game.
3 Key Points:
- You as an individual apply who you are to your work is what will matter in the future.
- As soon as you get down to the template level you’re one step removed from automation.
- Being a critical, creative thinker is the role of people in marketing of the future.
Jay’s podcast: http://unthinkable.fm/
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)