Daryl Weber is the author of Brand Seduction: How Neuroscience Can Help Marketers Build Memorable Brands, which explores the unconscious side of brands in a way that’s inspiring for creative marketers. He’s a branding consultant whose work has influenced many of the best brands in the world, including Coca-Cola, Nike, Johnnie Walker, Gatorade, Old Spice, and many more.
Follow Daryl on Twitter at @BrandedCortex. He can also be found on LinkedIn and http://www.daryl-weber.com/.
- How Daryl’s fascination for the human condition led him to question how ads and marketing works on the brain.
- The disconnect and outright myths around consumer psychology and how the consumer mind works.
- Why brands struggle with trying to elicit emotion in their marketing.
- Why the way humans relate to brands isn’t likely to change, regardless of the technology or medium.
- About the term heuristics and how cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias affects our decision-making.
3 Key Points:
- Brands are a collection of associations in consumer’s minds.
- The human brain is and remains fundamentally unchanged from 100,000 years ago.
- We need to get smarter about connecting with the unconscious mind, which actually controls decision-making.
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)