Jeremy is a greetings and gift industry influencer with a passion for connecting people using beautiful cards, stationery and digital tools like social media. He is a Sage Business Expert and Sage blogger.
Jeremy is the co-owner of Blue Eyed Sun and Ivy Ellen, a speaker, thought leader and contributor.
Blue Eyed Sun publishes gorgeous handmade greeting cards for design-led gift shops and top retailers like Harrods, John Lewis, Cards Galore, Fenwick, House of Fraser and Paperchase. Jeremy and business partner, Jo, have grown the business from a small bedsit in Brighton into one of the leading British card publishers selling to over 18 countries around the world. The company recently won a Queen’s Award for International Trade.
Follow Jeremy on Twitter at @JeremyCorner. He can also be found on LinkedIn and blueeyedsun.co.uk.
- How Jeremy survived a rough 1st year to having more work than he could handle.
- How the exercise “Looking Back From Perfect” changed their business and their lives.
- How Jeremy’s company has managed to thrive with hand made greeting cards in an increasingly digital world.
- How being open random and supportive inspired Jeremy to start The Greeting Card Project.
- Data science companies like Cambridge Analytica specialize in building psychological profiles and positioning content for elections.
- How Blue Eyed Sun’s blog helps them stay viable as the compete with very large corporations.
3 Key Points:
- Humans love experiences. Getting a card is a lovely experience, one that can’t be fully commoditized.
- We’re moving from institutional thinking to network thinking (see Thomas Power ORS).
- Strong content marketing that is genuinely useful keeps you viable when competing against larger competitors.
The Greeting Card Project
Thomas Power ORS
Noam Chomsky Netflix Documentary
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)