O-M-G!!! Fifty episodes in the can. I can’t believe it. Thank you so much to all of the guest who have been so gracious with their time and pure awesomeness. I started this podcasting journey on a firm foundation thanks to your collective generosity. For that I am truly thankful.
In this episode I muse about some of the great points Avinash Kaushik makes in a recent post about artificial intelligence (AI) and the implication for marketers. The analyst role as we know it may soon be going the way of the dinosaur as we move from solving “known knowns” to solving for “unknown unknowns”. That, and what Avinash calls Complete Day One Knowledge.
If you geek out about these sort of things as Avinash and I clearly do, then you won’t want to miss this episode.
- Why you need to be reading everything Avinash Kaushik writes about AI (like I do).
- The difference between artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL)
- How Google and Facebook use AI and machine learning TODAY to keep us all inside “content bubbles”.
- How predictive analytics company Cambridge Analtica used machine learning to help elect Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United State.
- Why roles such as data analysts and diagnosing patients will be taken over by AI.
- Why you should be excited and not fearful of this brave new world.
3 Key Points:
- The hype is real. AI isn’t coming; it’s here. Machine learning is actively used by Google and Facebook.
- Repetitive roles such as data analysts will soon be taken over by AI.
- Just breathe… all will be well. There will still be a place for humans.
The Artificial Intelligence Opportunity: A Camel to Cars Moment
Artificial Intelligence: Implications On Marketing, Analytics, And You
SPOS #580 – Avinash Kaushik On Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence For Marketing
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)