Alsion Stratten is a writer and co-creator of content for UnMarketing. She’s also the co-author of UnSelling, The Book of Business Awesome/UnAwesome, QR Codes Kill Kittens and UnMarketing. The new book, UnBranding, is out now! Go get it.
Alsion co-hosts the UnPodcast (one of my favs). UnMarketing is currently producing their first documentary about public speaking.
Follow Alison on Twitter at @UnAlsion. She can also be found on LinkedIn and www.unmarketing.com.
- How Alison’s entrepreneurial journey to create something she couldn’t find in the market transformed into UnMarketing.
- Why Alison feels often times there’s more to learn from train-wrecks when things go badly wrong as opposed to when they went right.
- Why she feels overly focusing on new technology can take away from creating value for your customers. Technology is just a tool.
- The relationship between brand and influencer is complex. It takes more than metrics. It takes a hard discussion about values.
- You can’t put a flashy campaign on something that’s worthless and expect it all to work out.
3 Key Points:
- Success doesn’t have a specific measure. Don’t be intimidated or overly concerned with ten steps down the road. Enjoy the journey you’re on.
- Focus on loyalty, not new technology. Quality will always trump convenience.
- Social Media metrics alone (followers, likes etc.) are easy to manipulate and shouldn’t be the only way to evaluate Influencers.
Get New Show Alters in Facebook Messenger!
Go to http://bit.ly/mdshowbot to sign up. It’s a chatbot and it’s pretty cool!
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)