Rob Crews is a data-driven marketing executive who builds brands, teams and profitability. In his most recent roles at Ovation and Church’s Chicken, Rob is hired by PE firms to serve on senior management team and lead turnaround, rebranding, develop strategies and execute plans to reverse severe sales declines. In both instances he dramatically impacted sales trends and at Ovation Brands, the existing owners were able to monetize and exit the business.
Follow Rob on Twitter at @robcrews. He can also be found on LinkedIn.
- How the study of economics ultimately influenced Rob to pursue a career in marketing.
- Why marketers should always be on either extreme and never get caught in the “murky middle”.
- Why non-marketers struggle to understand the value of a good marketing professional, no matter how much you quantify it.
- How the overemphasis on the mechanics of marketing can lead to the death of good storytelling.
- Why #DigitalDiscernment is now a matter of civic duty because democracy demands an educated populous.
3 Key Points:
- The power of a brand name on your resume is always stronger than the skillsets you possess.
- There’s always gap between the work you can perform and the work you can sell yourself into; play the brand game.
- Lifelong learning is table stakes. Marketing has evolved to where no one person can ever know it all.
Hacking Marketing by Scott Brinker
Get New Show Alters in Facebook Messenger!
Go to http://bit.ly/mdshowbot to sign up. It’s a chatbot and it’s pretty cool!
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)