In part one I explored what I call “The Gospel of Gary Vee”, and gave my perspective on the views of both held by Alexis P. Morgan and Douglas Karr. In this episode I’m going to make the point that Gary’s message is often weaponized and used in an offensive manner in the same way the Christian gospel was used as a weapon during the bloody historical period known as The Crusades.
I also highlight a viral, $100 To The Winner Of The Race, and provide perspective as to why Gary receives such a strong reaction from individuals like myself and Alexis P. Morgan.
- How Gary Vaynerchuk’s message of personal accountability gets taken out of context and used as a weapon.
- Why I had a falling out with a mastermind member who prescribed to Gary’s way of thinking.
- How white privilege compromises some individuals ability to empathize (not sympathize but empathize) and give good advice.
- Where the deep seated frustration with Gary’s gospel comes from.
3 Key Points:
- Gary’s message gets abused by his followers to attack people in the same way the Christian Gospel was used to shed blood during the historical period of The Crusades.
- Personal accountability is not a license to be racially insensitive. The stakes are high and people have died.
- “Privilege blinds because is it the nature of privilege to blind.” ~ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
TMDP 055: The Gospel of Gary Vaynerchuk Pt. 1
The Terrorists of Capitalism: A Response To Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary’s Response to Alexis P. Morgan
TMDP 010: Epiphanies You Can’t Get From Gary Vee
$100 to the winner of the race viral video
Get New Show Alters in Facebook Messenger!
Go to http://bit.ly/mdshowbot to sign up. It’s a chatbot and it’s pretty cool!
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)