Brett Burky drives ROI and growth for paperstac.com using cutting-edge growth marketing and growth hacking tactics.
He manages and handles traffic generation and customer retention through paid media, social media, SEO, marketing automation, CRM systems to conferences to cold emails and cold calls. Basically if there is a traction channel, you can bet he’s testing it out.
Follow Brett on Twitter at @BrettBurky. He can also be found on LinkedIn and at RadicallyAmbitious.com.
- How Brett transitioned from being a professional musician to affiliate marketing and SEO professional to ultimately teaching those subjects in Full Sail University’s Internet Marketing degree program.
- Why Brett wishes he had stuck with coding as a teenager.
- Why influencers should start thinking in terms of programming language; if this then that.
- Why Brett feels the next wave of inbound marketing is creating cool pieces of software.
- The marketing psychology of staying top of mind and the tangible benefits of good branding.
- The very real danger of memes becoming idea viruses.
- The marketing significance of life events in Google.
3 Key Points:
- Being able to identify and analyze trends is the most important thing because you’re only going to get a few waves in your lifetime.
- Always be curios and never be afraid to look stupid why asking questions.
- Cheap little tools that are of Youtility are what will separate great marketers from their competition.
Intercom Chat Bot
Get New Show Alters in Facebook Messenger!
Go to http://bit.ly/mdshowbot to sign up. It’s a chatbot and it’s pretty cool!
- Ready to go pro but aren’t sure if College is the right choice for you? Get my Ultimate Digital Marketing College Guide.
- Like the podcast? Then you’ll love the book! Grab Beyond Buzzwords on Amazon.
- In the last three months of the 2016 Presidential election fake news outperformed real news on Facebook. DON’T be taken advantage of. Our Digital Discernment course teaches you how to call B.S. online.
Support this podcast:
Like what you hear? Consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/MarketingDisenchanted.
I’m a small, independent podcaster so your support goes a long way in making sure I have the funds to keep the podcast going. Go to Patreon.com and check out my awesome pledge levels. You’re doing a good deed and will be rewarded handsomely for it! Thanks in advance.
Like what you hear? Book me to speak!
While podcasting is a personal joy of mine, nothing beats connecting with like-minded people in person. Go to ConsultTemi.com to book me for your next conference, meeting or event.
Follow me on Twitter
Connect on LinkedIn
Shoot me an email: Temi at ConsultTemi.com
(Sorry, had to break the email link to stymie the bots… damned bots.)